There are lots of other things that are involved in a photography career. Beginner photographer spends initial money to buy a good basic camera and lens. But I must tell you that it is just a beginning & maybe one day you do not need your basic kit to use further. Besides this, there are other important things that are involved from the beginning like mentioned below
- Photography Kit that includes Camera, lens, tripod, camera bag, memory card, filters and other important accessories.
Every beginner photographer is always busy to add as much photography equipment in their photography kit. Even then when they grow as pro photographer they still invest in the better photography equipment for better photography performance.
But Here I would like to mention that behind good photography, A good & strong technical computer works because it is add on extra cheese or extra weightage to your photography career. Because once the photo shoot is done then there is another player to start playing and that is your computer (desktop/laptop), your computer start processing all your raw image to better jpeg, tiff image etc for your clients and for yourself.
Let’s discuss that computer which is very important for your photography career. Few important configurations for your computer.
- Your computer must have wifi system so that your camera can share and save the images to your computer easily at a faster speed
- Must have all important ports like HDMI, USB, Memory card etc so that your one computer is self efficient to support all your requirement at a better level.
- Must have at least 21 inches LED Screen because the small screen is not good for your eyes, you may have spectacles after some time. Sometime you may enjoy the interesting videos/movies on the big screen.
- Must buy retina display (4k/5K) if your budget allows?
- Must bring out the maximum details, colours etc of your photographs
- Must buy the latest-generation processor, check which processer is working better.
- Must have minimum 8 GB ram in your system, 16 GB Ram in the case when you edit Videos.
- Must have minimum 1 TB hard drive space to save all your photograph data, It is very important.
- Never buy third party accessories to use along with your computer.
- Choose wisely to buy android or IOS systems, which is your preferences. If not clear about the system then must discuss with your photographer friend, group etc.
- Your system must have up-gradation option too means you can change 8 GB RAM to 16GB RAM when your requirement demands.
Few other important instructions
- Always installed company genuine software, sometimes pirated software can create lots of problems. using pirated software is an offence. Please avoid such illegal move.
- Must have dedicated computer only for the photography work, never allow your family member to use your computer. Buy them another computer as per their preferences.
- Keep your computer at the safest place at your office or home at least dustfree area. Dust may spoil your system.
- Must have password-protected so that only you can access. Security plays a major role.
Conclusion- Please never ever buy assembled computer, used a computer at all. The technologies always keep on changing and one must invest in latest technology and must buy from a genuine company. It is a one-time investment so please invest wisely in your systems.
Keep experiments, Have wonderful and Happy photography to you all
Photographer & Blogger Prasenjeet Gautam (www.prasenjeetgautam.com) Photograph courtesy – Google (Posted above)