Real estate is one of the highly creative photography genres. Many photographers miss this genre, but I would like to mention here this is one of the highest-paying photography genres. This genre required lots of pre-planning before the shoot. This pre-planning required highly creative treatment, finer nuances to shoot, and lots of finishing details of the property.
There is a lot of photography equipment are involved in this shoot, please note one lens cannot shoot the entire property. You have to manage wide to zoom lenses to capture wide shots, close shots, details of the property's architectural design, door designs, door knob, roof, rooms, staircase, flooring, windows, bathroom, drawing room, dining hall, bar, furniture etc. Your shoot will create a demand for the buyers or customers.
As you know about which basic photography kit is required to shoot. Well, once again, I am mentioning it below.
- A tripod
- Wide and zoom lens
- Laptop to see the results
- Strobe lights (carry extra light)
- Good team
The most important hidden feature of real estate photography.
You must understand all the brief and must note it down, The purpose of real estate photography is to sell the property at profitable pricing. Photographs play a major role in the entire selling role. Must follow all the instructions like any holy book.
- Must shoot in morning and night
- Must shoot in good weather condition
- Find out the interesting features of the property and bring them into the limelight
- Discuss the construction's material and focus on them to shoot like Italian marble, rosewood,
- The more you understand more you deliver.
- Understand other benefits of buying the property like shooting the metro station from the balcony, It shows the nearest metro station and other important amenities.
- You have to shoot the property covering all the customer's answers.
- Shooting without preplanning, beginner photographers are always in a hurry to press the shutter button.
- If the paint is not done on the wall, Polishing is not done so good then stop shooting
- Must check all the spotless cleaning before the shoot
- Shoot that hardly required editing
- Always instruct your team to take extra precautions and do not touch highly expensive artefacts while shooting. Small ignorance can spoil your photography career.
Conclusion - You are not shooting only the wall, roof, door, outside etc but you are creating a customer's dream through your lens. please shoot creatively. Property buyers must lose the patience to buy the property and can be ready to buy the property at any cost or before it is sold out. That should be the idea behind real estate photography.
Keep experimenting & Have wonderful photography life to you all
Photographer and Blogger Prasenjeet Gautam (www.prasenjeetgautam.com) has captured the above-posted photograph. INDIA