Whenever my friend, relatives, family etc always ask about how to take better photographs through mobile. They also mentioned that they are not going to BUY DSLRs camera to shoot because they are not going to be a serious photographer. they are only interested to capture photos for fun and wanna look good in the photos. No professional touch at all required or not looking forward to becoming a more mature photographer.
I respect all those people, who have a good phone and do not wanna be a photographer but wanna take good photos only for their fun and happiest moment. They may be right at their place up to a certain extent. Now I am going to mention a few simple tips and tricks which may help you to shoot better.
let’s follow a few important to shoot better.
- Must check the background before the shoot, No other person, object, lights etc must not exist in the background. Always shoot with a clean background. No unwanted object spoil your background.
- Must check foreground also before shooting sometimes broken road, garbage may be lying on the roadside so please avoid that unwanted stuff. Some people don’t even notice sometimes they capture along with the roadside animals.
- Must focus on your subject instead of moving mobile here and there.
- Must capture your subject in the centre/right/left of your mobile screen, do not play much with the framing, you may spoil the photo.
- Avoid camera zoom, move your self upward and backwards if you can shoot better. Zooming may kill the quality of the images.
- Always have a habit to hold your camera straight to capture more straight photographs. otherwise, most of the photos will be tilted. learn to hold the mobile straight while capturing.
- Must learn to turn on/off the flashlight, Always look for the light falling on your subject in this case turn off the flashlight. If there is no good light falling on the subject then turn on the flash. turning on the flashlight must be the last option to shoot.
- Shoot more photos to bring out the best photo which is quite OK technically or creatively.
- Must have a habit to store your better photographs on other devices too for the future purpose.
- keep cleaning your camera lens too before shooting
- Must have a habit to print out the best photographs.
As long as you become more experienced with all those tips mentioned above, you will find good changes in your mobile photography. I have seen so many mobiles advertisements offering good camera configurations but hardly people knows how to shoot better photographs. That’s a problem. For capturing good photographs one must-have creative photography eyes. I have seen so many photographs captured by the high-end mobile camera but the quality of photographs is so poor because of the incapability of handling the camera and sometimes those photographs are not editable.
People always comment that why to buy a DSLR when you have a good mobile camera to shoot but there is a difference between DSLR vs mobile users. The mobile is for communication not for professional photography but DSLRs made for those who take photography seriously as a hobby/career. No mobile photography can acquire DSLR photography. But mobile photography is good for quick photography or always ready to capture moments of all the small function/small tour etc. But someone is looking for a better photography level then I must advise buying a basic DSLR to begin photography
Conclusion – Mobile photography helps the teenager and other youngsters to have fun with their friend circle to capture fun-loving photographs/ selfies etc. One more thing to mention if you have a DSLR camera then you can capture good photos from your mobile too. But if you have a mobile camera then you cannot shoot with a DSLR camera to capture better photographs. Please try to understand that gap exists in the Dslr camera and Mobile camera.
Keep experimenting! Have wonderful and happy photography life to you all.
Photographer and Blogger Prasenjeet Gautam (www.prasenjeetgautam.com) has captured the above-posted photographs (captured via mobile) India