An interesting location always plays a major and interesting role in world photography. Your subject and your location carry almost similar roles for the perfect capture. When you are shooting indoors then managing a background/foreground is pretty easy. You can adjust several unwanted things as per the shoot requirements. But when you are planning to shoot outdoors then finding a better background is a challenging job. But practice makes a man perfect.
Today this article is about following a few important tips before you finalise any outdoor background for your model/vehicle/pre-wedding/portfolio shooting etc
1. Always try to get legal permission from the authorities. Shooting without permission can spoil your shoot and authorities can fine you a heavy amount.
2. Always choose a location where your team, model, and another member can reach the outdoor location before time. If you are shooting out of town then reach the location one day before to start shooting early in the morning.
3. Choose a location, where hardly tourists or the local public prefer to visit. If the location is a tourist spot then you must not choose the location. Because It is very tough to handle the public.
4. Choose the location as per your subject, not all outdoor location suit pre-wedding shoots, portfolio shoots etc Every subject required a different outdoor location. Think before you finalise any outdoor locations.
5. Always carry light snacks and medicine for your team, models etc sometimes you do not even get a bottle of water. Always carry snacks, this boosts your shoot.
6. These small tips help you to get a better outdoor location and a better outdoor location always delivers you better stunning shots. Always make a list of available outdoor locations along with a price list, contact person, timings, availability of food and public convenience etc
Keep experimenting and have wonderful and happy photography life to you all
Photographer and Blogger Prasenjeet Gautam (www.prasenjeetgautam.com) has captured the above-posted photographs. Mr Rolf Kron, Germany