There are few people or beginner photographers who wanna become photo-journalist. Most photographers are more inclined toward wildlife, fashion or wedding photography etc. According to them, these genres are quite easy to start and whereas a photojournalist is required to complete his 3-4 years degree of the journalism course. If anybody is looking for photo-journalist genres then you need to finish your studies on journalism.
What is photojournalism – This genres belong especially to storytelling photography. A picture is worth a thousand words. The entire photography is based on stories. What is your photograph’s story? The story is well enough to share the entire war, accident, events etc. The photo plays an entire war or event story in front of your eyes that’s called photojournalism While a journalist will use their pen and paper to tell stories, a photojournalist will use their camera to capture the visual representation of a story and that’s a beauty of the photograph.
There is now a news publication that buys the photographs from the freelancer photojournalist at a good amount or their photographs are too close to tell the incidents. Whose photographs are more dramatic, sensible, informative etc. If you are not getting a good amount of your photographs then your photographs are not too close to tell the incident. Must remember.
There are some ethics and foundation in photojournalism, which anybody must follow
- Should not capture those photos which might provoke people
- Avoid capturing nudity
- Must capture related to the content and event
- Your photographs must convey 100% story
- Must follow news publication’s direction sometimes their brand image is at stake.
- Always be active and healthy to capture all the finer nuances of the incident
- Must follow all safety precaution
- Must avoid distraction while capturing
- Must maintain your photography kit
- Maintain the photography data sometimes you capture the history.
Conclusion – Sometimes this genre is a little risk when you capture war, riots etc It is a good interesting genre and gives wings to your photography career.
Keep experimenting! Have wonderful and happy photography life to you all
Photographer & Blogger Prasenjeet Gautam (www.prasenjeetgautam.com) has captured the above-posted photographs. INDIA